What is PLCWashington?
PLCWashington is a systems approach designed to support schools that have the motivation and desire to authentically implement professional learning communities. It includes:
- A PLC Website - www.plcwashington.org
- On-line courses facilitated by trained instructors
- Embedded learning cycles to engage staff
- Professional development, facilitation, and guidance
- Capacity Building within schools and districts
We have gathered a variety of resources that support Professional Learning Communities in Washington. The Introduction provides the background on PLCs, along with information about Online Classes and other Trainings, and information on how to connect to other PLCs in Washington. The rest of this website focuses on the process of PLCs, from the structured Challenge Cycle to guide your work through other case studies, activities, models and resources. Join in the discussion through our blogs, community forums, and polls. We hope that www.plcwashington.org can support you in your work of building real change in our schools.